Thursday, November 29, 2012

Almond Butter Made Easy

I am on a three day detox that calls for almond butter.  My local stores do not carry almond butter I did not have time to go to my regular health food stores.  You know eating healthy takes a lot of time and planning.  I have to go to 3 to 4 separate stores, sometimes on opposite ends of the city, to get everything I need.  Sorry that was just a random thought.  I decided to grab some bulk almonds and make my own.

This took a little patience, but very easy.  Just two ingredients roasted almonds and salt.  Because this was an experiment I did a small batch.  I used one cup of roasted almonds and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  I used my Ninja blender, you can definitely use your food processor.  Place your ingredients in your blender and blend.  The trick is that you have to scrape down your sides often.  Blend and scrape your sides, blend and scrape your sides.  I would say it took a good 20-25 minutes to get a creamy consistency.  Keep going it takes patience but it is worth it and I promise it will become creamy.

Blend and scrape sides, blend and scrape sides...



Finally creamy!  I took mine a little further, you can stop when you reach your desired consistency.




Store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.

Let me know what you use your almond butter for.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Will try very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE almond butter and I am making it according to your recipe as we speak. I use it with sliced apples as a snack. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to comment. This is a delicious and healthy snack. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete